Saturday, January 21, 2017

Still Saying No To Cigarettes??

Today is the 9th day of me quit smoking, cigarette that is.
If you didn't know, cigarettes were my greatest struggle. I smoked a lot during the day, as soon as I woke up, the first thing I did was smoke a cigarette and the last thing I did was smoke a cigarette. So for me not to smoke, and now for 9 days in a row, is a great achievement.


I still get cravings, especially in the mornings and sometimes when I'm done eating but it's not as much as in the beginning. Overall the cravings are not as hard as I  thought they would be. I would imagine myself pulling my hair out, going crazy & unable to continue my day without a smoke. But the cravings turned out to be way easier to handle. 
I also have a different mindset now, I try not to think that I'm missing something without that smoke. I see it more as, 'I've tried a lot of years to quit smoking and now that I finally succeed I don't want to go through those struggles again'.


The things that reminds me not to cave as I'm having cravings are;
  • Once I take just one puff, I have to start all over again with counting my quit days 
  • It's not like smoking is delicious and I'm missing out, it's the withdrawal in me that's letting me think that I need to smoke.
  • I know from the past, that if I just take one puff from a smoke I would be addicted in no time and smoking a pack a day again, and the struggle to quit smoking is way too hard to do all over again.
  • I'm saving that €7-, a day, which I love.
  • I don't have that awful smell, following me around like a second skin.
  • I can finally start living the live I've always wanted as a non-smoker.
  • I don't have to spent countless hours being depressed thinking of how smoking ruins my life, but at the same time feeling like you can't quit.  

Smoking weed is not something I do all day long. Mostly I smoke at night, if I have time I smoke in the morning and around 4/5 pm. But it's still something that I have to get rid of. Because as long as I'm still smoking weed, I'm not a non-smoker and I'm still addicted to something that doesn't benefit my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment